The Sport and Execise as an Active Lifestyle (SEAL) is an ACTIVE LIVING concept that primarily goes along with the Hippocrates saying,
“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.”
The WHO already recognized this concept when the agency endorsed the Move for Health initiative in 2002, encouraging everybody to actively enganged in some sort of physical activity at least 30 minutes daily for most days of the week. This kind of activity will prevent people from the risk factors of most degenerative diseases such as obesity, diabetes mellitus and atherosclerosis.
The SEAL course aimed to develop the basis of active living implementation by building the knowledge of developing physical activity choices for implementation of active lifestyle concept. The course is designed as a tailored course for every specific groups of audience.
In general, the themes is SEAL course consisted of
- physical activity
- active living
- the concept of physical activity measurement
- examples of physical acivities
- the relationship between physical activity and health
- implementing active living, combined with optimal sport and exercise programming
- active living – nani c sudarsono
- Sports and Exercise as an Active Lifestyle (SEAL) elective module