I am a lecturer in the Geology Study Program, Geoscience Department, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Indonesia (UI). I have been teaching at Universitas Indonesia since 2017. Currently, I am reading DPhil in Earth Sciences at the University of Oxford.
Before becoming a lecturer, I was an exploration geologist in Eksplorasi Nusa Jaya (ENJ), an exploration subsidiary of Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) in Indonesia. Later I was employed as a technical geologist in Micromine Indonesia, a company that develops geological and mining software. The first job is a full-action field geologist, while the latter is what some people refer to as the ‘clicking geologist’. Both are important experiences for me because they really helped me illustrate to the students what kind of work they will face as geologists. Both experiences are also crucial to ensuring that my teaching and research are relevant to what the industry needs.
I like many aspects of geology, but I prefer to identify myself as a structural geologist or exploration geologist with a bit of knowledge here and there. After completing my master’s degree I have a big interest in applying machine learning for geological study.
- DPhil student in Earth Sciences, University of Oxford
- Master of Mineral Resources, Exploration Geology from The University of Queensland (supported by Australia Awards Scholarship)
- Bachelor of Geology from Universitas Padjadjaran
Structural geology & tectonics, exploration geology (ore deposit, geothermal, coal), photogrammetry application in geology, machine learning, and petrography. Kindly check the left-sidebar of this website for my activities related to these topics.
Courses that I teach before starting my DPhil program:
- Ore Deposit (SCGL603524)
- Coal Geology (SCGL603523)
- Geothermal Geology (SCGL603525)
- Mining Geology Modelling (SCGL603643)
- Exploration Geology (SCGL603626)
- Structural Geology (SCGL602305)
- Geology of Indonesia (SCGL603519)
- Geological Mapping (SCGL602415)
- Optical Minerals & Petrography (SCGL603521)
Previous classes that I taught: Volcanology (SCGL602412), Crystallography & Mineralogy (SCGL602310)
Recent and highlights of my research activities are listed below. For the complete list, see here.
Recent and highlights of my publications are listed below. For the complete list, see here.
- FMIPA Research Grant 2021 (Principal Investigator)
- PUTI 2020 (Principal Investigator)
- PIT 9 2019 (Member)
- PITTA 2018 (Member)
I can be contacted here. I always reply!